Yeah he was never on Mike's team, but he did play a big part in him winning the 97 championship. That year, Mike was snubbed of the season's MVP award. Who got it? Karl Malone. When the Bulls and Jazz met in the finals, you can say Mike wanted to prove everyone wrong and that he should've been the league MVP. His competitive side came out (see James Worthy). That series produced one of the gutsiest, touching, and amazing performance I have ever seen on a basketball court. Game 5 in Utah. The night before, Mike ordered a pizza from room service and suffered from flu like symptoms because of it. He still played in the game. Dubbed the "Flu Game", Mike looked dead. I remember as a young 6 year old watching the game with my mother and on the verge of tears because Superman looked hurt. That didn't stop him. He went on to play 44 minutes (games are 48 might I add), scored 38 pts (of his team's 90), had 7 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block all while playing with the flu. And the Bulls won that game as well as the series. Thanks Karl for inspiring one of the greatest displays of will I have ever witnessed. Friday, September 11, 2009
Karl Malone
Yeah he was never on Mike's team, but he did play a big part in him winning the 97 championship. That year, Mike was snubbed of the season's MVP award. Who got it? Karl Malone. When the Bulls and Jazz met in the finals, you can say Mike wanted to prove everyone wrong and that he should've been the league MVP. His competitive side came out (see James Worthy). That series produced one of the gutsiest, touching, and amazing performance I have ever seen on a basketball court. Game 5 in Utah. The night before, Mike ordered a pizza from room service and suffered from flu like symptoms because of it. He still played in the game. Dubbed the "Flu Game", Mike looked dead. I remember as a young 6 year old watching the game with my mother and on the verge of tears because Superman looked hurt. That didn't stop him. He went on to play 44 minutes (games are 48 might I add), scored 38 pts (of his team's 90), had 7 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block all while playing with the flu. And the Bulls won that game as well as the series. Thanks Karl for inspiring one of the greatest displays of will I have ever witnessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment