Sunday, June 7, 2009

NBA Finals


Yeah the first game is over, but I'm still on a high. The Lakers showed just how dominant they are and how much they force teams out of their comfort zones. The Magic (they'll need alot to win this series) knocked off Cleveland and clearly thought Courtney Lee and Mikeal Pietrus would contain Kobe....WRONG!!!! Stan needs to go home real quick. How dare you throw a ROOKIE at Kobe? He abused him all night and Pietrus did no better. The only matchup I truly like is Lewis vs. Odom. Those two have the ability to change the course of a game with one or maybe two plays and can guard each other face up. Though I didn't like the thought, I'm glad to see Mr. Nelson back in action. Yeah I was skeptical that he would actually play, but actually seeing him out there making plays showed that he is the perfect fit for their system. Not knocking Skip (lol), but Jameer is just a playmaker that isn't scared to make that dangerous pass. This leads me to my next matchup: Trevor and Hedo. Excitement all the way around. Trevor has had some huge assignments so far in these finals (Artest and Carmelo) and has delivered. Once again the brilliance of Phil Jackson has produced yet another talent that many had given up on. If he can keep Hedo from hitting that huge shot that he has a knack for hitting, The Lakers are in great shape. I can't wait to see how this unfolds but I'm almost positive the Lakers will win in 6. Oh yeah one more thing. The Lakers bench is waaaaay deep but I wanna see more of Shannon Brown. He dunked on The Birdman for crying out loud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment