Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Never Can Say Goodbye


Though I loved Mike's memorial service yesterday, it brought me to the harsh reality that he's actually gone. I was hoping he'd come from under the stage and perform. I thought it was all a publicity stunt to help promote his concert. Something he did to make people realize how much he means to the world as well as music. Hey I was trying to be optimistic. I've loved this man since I came out the womb. I remember every holiday family dinner in which I performed a Michael Jackson song for the talent show. Had the outfits complete with glove, hat, socks, shoes, pants, and my own little jackets. I remember it all. I had the moonwalk down to a science (still do for any challengers) and I battled my friend Prentyce everyday in school. We'd just bust out in a dance in the middle of class. Mike influenced me. He showed me first hand that if you put your all into what you love, nothing but greatness will happen. I admire that man. Through every allegation, every tabloid, every lie, he NEVER let it affect his music. He still put out great songs along with great videos while people looked down on him because of lies. To the right is a playlist of all my favorite MJ songs. There are 32 songs and they include songs from the Jacksons as well as The Wiz. Speaking of, HE KILLED IN THAT MOVIE!!!! You can call this my venting post but I couldn't go another minute without paying my respects. Ever since I heard the news I can't stop listening to his music. For all you other "fans" out there, Mike made more than Thriller and had better songs. Human Nature, I Can't Help It, Lady In My Life, Dangerous, Who's Lovin' You, Girlfriend, PYT and the list goes on and on. I am truly grateful to have grown up with his music and I will make it a rule with my kids that MJ is played every morning before school. LONG LIVE THE KING OF MUSIC!!!

1 comment:

  1. nigga hit me with Human Nature right off the bat. beautiful.

    i was bumpin that old big-nose Mike this morning.

    ReplyDelete